Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wishful Thinking #1: Cozy & Comfortable

In a perfect world, this is what I'd be wearing/eating/reading by the fireside.  Living in south central Texas, we don't get a lot of opportunities to use the fireplace, but it's been pretty chilly here lately.  I've been getting good use out of my Ugg Australia black Channing leather boots, which you might still be able to get for about $100 less at Nordstrom Rack (that's where I got mine).  They are so comfortable, and they have fur lining inside for extra warmth.

This segment is called Wishful Thinking because let's be honest, a college student living on a small scholarship stipend can't afford Isabel Marant clothes or fancy home goods from Steven Alan.  But I can dream!  One of the reasons I love websites like Pinterest and Polyvore is that you can get a lot of inspiration even from clothes that are well out of your price range.  I'll never own that Isabel Marant cardigan, but I know I've seen similar ones at American Eagle and Forever 21.  I like to think of them as shopping tools.  But if you are lucky enough to have the funds, I have provided the links to buy everything.

If you looked in my real closet you'd see mostly Gap (the best store for basic tees and sweaters) and sale-priced Anthropologie.  I've been living in various colors of the Eversoft circle hem sweater from Gap the past couple of weeks, as well as the boyfriend v-necks from last winter.

With that disclaimer out of the way, here are some fantasy picks for a cozy night by the fire, curled up with a good book and some delicious Bacon Cheddar Biscuits (can't wait to try this recipe!) and tea.  And don't forget the schnauzer!  My family has three miniature schnauzers, two black and one white.  I cannot wait till I can have a dog of my own, or maybe even a cat if my allergies have lessened enough.



Shirt:  A.P.C. Baggy T-Shirt in Bordeaux
Cardigan:  Étoile Isabel Marant Kiliann Oversized Cardigan
Sweatpants:  Aerie Dormwear Skinny Boyfriend Pant in Charcoal Sky
Socks:  Monki Marita Socks in True Kiss Red
Blanket:  Khadi and Co Multi Plaid Blanket
Recipe:  Bacon Cheddar Biscuits at Frites & Fries
Mug:  Room Essentials at Target Espresso Mug in Black
Tea:  Tazo Blush Berry Black Loose Leaf Tea
Teapot:  Teavana Claire Glass Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser
Book:  St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell (great short stories collection)

I'm seriously considering ordering those Aerie sweatpants tonight.  They were all out of my size in store today.  I used to be pretty anti-sweatpants, but it's hard to feel motivated to walk to the campus gym in 50 degree or less weather in running shorts.  Do y'all have a favorite brand, preferably ones that are long enough for those of us who are tall?

In other news, I found a pretty nifty French press coffee maker and tumbler combination at Sur La Table last night.  I used it this morning with a Bavarian Hazelnut blend we found at HEB and it was pretty tasty!  I want to try making tea in it tomorrow.  It's nice that you can make the coffee in the same container you'll drink it from.  And it's dishwasher safe (but what isn't these days?).

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment