Saturday, May 25, 2013

DIY Spa Day & Mixtape #6: Unwind

I've been out of school for two full weeks now and yet I still feel exhausted somehow.  It definitely wasn't the best semester in terms of my stress levels, so perhaps I just need some more time to recover.  What better way to do so than with a relaxing spa day at home?

Here are some of my favorite beauty products for a personal spa day, and a couple that I am excited to try.

From top right and spiraling clockwise:
The robe is no longer available, but it was too darn cute not to include! // Voluspa Japonica Mini Candle from Anthropologie // Godiva Chocolate-Covered Strawberries (stores only) // Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel // Tazo Calm Chamomile Tea // Soap & Glory Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em Body Buff // Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Lament // Philosophy Raspberry Sorbet Bubble Bath/Shampoo/Body Wash

Let me begin by saying that that candle is one of the best I have ever smelled.  I love the Murad peel for its brightening qualities and great smell (scent is important to me, obviously).  My mom used to have this great scrub for hands, legs, and elbows, and this Soap & Glory product looks like it would be a close replacement.  I smelled it in Sephora the other day and it had a nice scent, too.  Speaking of my mom, she has me hooked on these Illamasqua nail varnishes now.  The colors are all beautiful, and the varnish is incredibly long-lasting.  I'm talking a week plus without any chips (or that weird cracking that some nail polishes do after a while).  I have yet to use that Philosophy body wash as a bubble bath yet, but it's on my to-do list.  Finally, some hot tea and a few chocolate covered strawberries would make a great snack while you're kicking back.  Or chocolate of any kind, really.  One can never have too much chocolate in my opinion.

Just add a nice book to read and you're all set.  At the very least, you will smell great!  Haha.

Some bonus links:
-I love the idea of a mimosa bar if you wanted to do a spa day with some friends
-Or you could do epic reflexology foot massages with your partner. Date night!
-If you're on your own, try these unsightly but effective pore-purifying strips
-Here's an easy-to-make but filling salad (yay, kale) if you get peckish

I've also made a playlist of summery, relaxing songs to enjoy alongside the mini-spa.  I may or may not have included some Hawaiian music from the Spongebob Squarepants soundtrack.  I definitely did not rip said music from YouTube.  Just between you and me.

This playlist would also be great to listen to while chilling poolside.  Let's pretend that college doesn't exist for a couple more months, shall we?  (If you're in summer school, I am so sorry.  Stay strong!)




Positive vibes, everyone.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment